Member Spotlight: Dr Hannah-Louise Holmes Head of Department, Accounting, Finance and Banking at Manchester Metropolitan UniversityWednesday, 17th February 2021
Each week we get to know one of our members a little better. This week it’s Dr Hannah-Louise Holmes – Head of Department, Accounting, Finance and Banking at Manchester Metropolitan University…
- Favourite quote or saying?
“Even miracles take a little time…” (Fairy Godmother in Cinderella). I love this quote as it makes me think of my daughter who was born through ICSI and also the importance of being patient.
- Career highlight?
Being awarded my PhD and graduating with all of my family there.
- Why do you love pro-Manchester?
The range of events and representation of business interests as well as the opportunities to meet and network with people across Manchester. The whole team is great to work with on events too J
- What are you reading at the moment?
The Midnight Library by Matt Haig. I am really enjoying it and how much it makes me think about the way we process regrets and the direction of our own lives.
- What are you watching at the moment?
Schitt’s Creek. Genuine laugh out loud moments in every episode.
- Favourite meeting place in Manchester?
HOME is amazing! Plus, it has clear links to Cornerhouse and I met my husband and got engaged in there (not on the same night!!) so I have a soft spot for HOME for that reason as well.
- Favourite lockdown activity?
Online yoga classes twice a week. They are a welcome change of pace each week, help ease my backache from being inside a lot, and it’s great to be able to meet with people from all over the world who I didn’t know before lockdown.
- Most creative meal that you cook?
I am not much of a cook… I can make a cheese and potato pie that is pretty good!
- Most creative thing you’ve seen on a video call during the lockdown?
We played an escape room game with facilitators for a friend’s 40th and that was really good!
- Most mundane task you’ve completed since being in lockdown?
I scrubbed the stone floors because I was so bored!
- Do you write a blog that you’d like us to share?
I don’t write a blog but I have a Twitter account where I share lots of work and social related activity @HannahHMMU
- What are you looking forward to doing again the most after lockdown?
Being able to go to the beach!