Member Spotlight: Greg Mahon, Platform Development Director – WorkLife by OpenMoneyThursday, 26th November 2020
Each week we get to learn a little more about one of our members. This week we here from Greg Mahon
Platform Development Director – WorkLife by OpenMoney
- Favourite quote or saying?
Don’t count the days, make the days count – Muhammad Ali
- Career highlight?
Winning a mystery weekend away when I worked for Phones 4 U, that turned out to be a fully expensed 4 night trip to Dallas
- Why do you love pro-manchester?
Working with like minded people, who share a passion for growing their business and the city of Manchester.
- What are you reading at the moment?
I’m not a big reader, more newspapers than books. I usually manage to read on holiday and the last book I read was “The Hacienda: How not to run a club” by Peter Hook
- What are you watching at the moment?
Usually sport, any sport, but if there’s no sport, I love a good box set. I watched plenty during lockdown, Ozark, Tiger King, You, all on Netfilx, but my favourite was Gomorrah
- Favourite meeting place in Manchester?
Cloud 23 at the Hilton. Fantastic views of the city and beyond
- Favourite lockdown activity?
Family walks during the heatwave and getting fit
- Most creative meal that you cook?
I do make a great Full English, but my specialty is Schnitzels.
- Most creative thing you’ve seen on a video call during the lockdown?
We had a music quiz on Zoom with friends, drinking shots and in fancy dress. I think that was the norm during lockdown.
- Most mundane task you’ve completed since being in lockdown?
Clearing out the garage / loft. It’s amazing how many boxes of leads I’ve kept, just in case I need them in the future !
- Do you write a blog that you’d like us to share?
Not personally, but the Worklife blog is full of interesting articles
- What are you looking forward to doing again the most after lockdown?
Celebrating family birthdays that we missed out on, including a number of 50th’s , going on the postponed family holidays and being able to meet friends in the pub