Member Spotlight: Leon Wilson, Chief Executive Officer – PollenPayTuesday, 29th September 2020
Each week we get to know one of our members slightly better. This week we find out more about Leon Wilson, Chief Executive Officer – PollenPay…
- Favourite quote or saying?
“Success isn’t owned. It’s leased, and rent is due everyday.” J.J Watt
- Career highlight?
Making the jump to leave the rail/mining industry and get involved in tech.
- Why do you love pro-manchester?
I’m passionate about manchester and the north west – and proud of English business on a whole and want to look to help support and grow the Uk fintech space.
- What are you reading at the moment?
The E myth revisited – Michael E Gerber
- What are you watching at the moment?
A lot of you tube channels around the Australian Buy now pay later (BNPL) space and how the public’s and market perception is on this (I feel Australia is leading the way in the adoption of this and we want to replicate this in the Uk).
- Favourite meeting place in Manchester?
You can mostly find me having a coffee at bills in Spinningfields or at night in the impossible bar.
- Favourite lockdown activity?
I’m always on my mountain bike or walks in some of the uks magnificent woodlands and peaks.
- Most creative meal that you cook?
I’ve really nailed my Cajun chicken pasta for a lunch meal, so it’s a spiced up take on the norm.
- Most creative thing you’ve seen on a video call during the lockdown?
I’ve actually seen someone fall off their seat and turn it into a dance move that was pretty on the spot creativity lol.
- Most mundane task you’ve completed since being in lockdown?
Preparing and delivering our pitch – being a very hands on person writing and giving a pitch over zoom again and again has become tedious.
- Do you write a blog that you’d like us to share?
I recently did a blog for refresh PR https://www.refreshpr.co.uk/insights/comebackstronger-how-evolving-pre-pandemic-paid-off
where you can check out a few more points on myself and the progress of the business.
Also check out our crowdcube campaign in October to learn more about PollenPay and what’s next.
- What are you looking forward to doing again the most after lockdown?
Just enjoying the overall freedom to move around and also travel back to Australia where I spend most of my time.