Member Spotlight: Maria Hallows, Executive Partner, Beever and StruthersThursday, 5th November 2020
- Favourite quote or saying
‘Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans’ (John Lennon). It reminds me to make the most of every day.
- Career highlight
My current role, working alongside Caroline Monk as Executive Partner at Beever and Struthers.
- Why do you love pro-manchester?
Because I love all things Manchester and support everything which promotes our fantastic city.
- What are you reading at the moment?
Gardening magazines. It’s a lockdown thing! I’ve always loved gardening and I have made a conscious decision to read more physical magazines and books so at least when I relax it doesn’t involve a screen. I have paused the kindle…..
- What are you watching at the moment?
Friday Night Dinner. Discovered it late.
- Favourite meeting place in Manchester
Gosh – the most difficult question. I could give a long list, but Dimitri’s would be at the top.
- Favourite lockdown activity
Getting lots of fresh air, in the garden or going for walks.
- Most creative meal that you cook
Ottolenghi’s Middle Eastern Paella
- Most mundane task you’ve completed since being in lockdown.
Too much cleaning. Being in all the time creates a lot of family mess.
- What are you looking forward to doing again the most after lockdown?
Travel. And more travel.