Member Spotlight: Michelle Mullany, North Business Development Manager – EYWednesday, 25th November 2020
Each week we get to learn a little more about one of our members. This week it’s Michelle Mullany, North Business Development Manager – EY…
- Favourite quote or saying?
People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel (Maya Angelou)
- Career highlight?
Standing on stage and presenting to more than 200 people. It was definitely out of my comfort zone but felt great afterwards
- Why do you love pro-manchester?
It’s a great group of people who want to be part of the ecosystem and to work together to make Manchester a great place to live and work
- What are you reading at the moment?
Upscale by James Silver and I’ve recently finished We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver which I really enjoyed
- What are you watching at the moment?
The Crown, probably like the rest of the country and I’m loving it
- Favourite meeting place in Manchester?
Piccolino in Albert Square for great food and a warm welcome
- Favourite lockdown activity?
Getting outside and walking the dog. Definitely done too much sitting inside in lockdown
- Most creative meal that you cook?
I’m quite a dab hand in the kitchen and my slow cooked ox cheek braised in red wine is top drawer – even if I do say so myself
- Most creative thing you’ve seen on a video call during the lockdown?
I recently worked with a team and we ran an EY 7 Drivers of Growth strategy session with a group of German entrepreneurs on the EY Start-Up Academy programme. We had great feedback and were so pleased to help them on their growth journey and deliver a great session virtually
- Most mundane task you’ve completed since being in lockdown?
De-cluttering – in fact the kids have now started pointing to things and asking me not to sell them!
- What are you looking forward to doing again the most after lockdown?
Like many I’m desperate to see family – in particular my mum who is in a home and we haven’t been allowed to visit. Once the rules change, I will be hugging everyone so be warned