Member Spotlight: Nichola Evans, Partner, Ward HadawayTuesday, 7th July 2020
Each week we get to know one of our members slightly better. This week we find out more about Nichola Evans, Partner, Ward Hadaway.
- Favourite quote or saying
“Be who you are. And say what you feel. Because those who mind don’t matter. And those who matter don’t mind” – Dr Seuss (there’s always a Dr Seuss quote to suit a moment).
- Career highlight
I have really enjoyed working on complex, high profile contract disputes and I am grateful that I have chosen a career that is so fulfilling – working with lovely clients and finding good commercial solutions to their disputes. After 30 years working in the law if I had to make the choice again I would still choose commercial litigation.
- Why do you love pro-manchester?
I love the friendships I’ve made, the passion of the EDI group that I sit on together with the networking and the bringing together of Manchester’s professional community.
- What are you reading at the moment?
Redhead by the Side of the Road – Anne Tyler
- What are you watching at the moment?
Succession – brilliant escapism
- Favourite meeting place in Manchester
Sams – great place and directly opposite our office!
- Favourite lockdown activity
Walking my new puppy on some of the beautiful trails we have nearby.
- Most creative meal that you cook
I’ve used the lockdown as an opportunity to dust down some of my cookbooks and am working my way through the Moro cookbook. The pot roasted pork loin in sherry was lovely followed by the orange flan.
- Most creative thing you’ve seen on a video call during the lockdown
My daughter (aged 6) does keep trying to come into my office area and has provided her versions of Shotgun and as she sees it the “classic songs” from My Little Pony.
- Most mundane task you’ve completed since being in lockdown
Like everyone else I suspect it’s having that big clear-out I had been planning for ages.
- Do you write a blog that you’d like us to share?
No – but starting a blog is on my now rather long to do list…
- What are you looking forward to doing again the most after lockdown?
Meeting with colleagues, friends and family and having a good gossip!