Member Spotlight: Paige Hughes, Marketing & Communications Manager – Talk Listen ChangeWednesday, 28th October 2020
Each week we get to know one of the pro-manchester membership a little better. This week it’s Paige Hughes, Marketing & Communications Manager – Talk Listen Change
- Favourite quote or saying?
“Promise me you will not spend so much time treading water and trying to keep your head above the waves that you forget, truly forget, how much you have always loved to swim.”
– Tyler Knott Gregson
- Career highlight?
There’s not one specific one, but I mostly enjoy working with younger comms professionals and mentoring them. So I’d say it’s more of a highlight reel of them learning new skills, telling me they’ve got jobs they really want etc!
- Why do you love pro-manchester?
It’s a great link up to what’s going on in Manchester and genuine opportunities to meet other organisations
- What are you reading at the moment?
Ikigai: The Japanese Secret to a Long and Happy Life
(Spoiler alert – find work you love, eat smaller meals and move every day)
- What are you watching at the moment?
Once Upon a Time – it’s a great feel good escape!
- Favourite meeting place in Manchester?
- Favourite lockdown activity?
Quad Skating – always wanted to do it and now I am!
- Most creative meal that you cook?
- Most creative thing you’ve seen on a video call during the lockdown?
A woman I work with has a collage of family pictures on her wall behind her on Zoom calls – it’s lovely, authentic and seems to get a bit bigger every time I see it!
- Most mundane task you’ve completed since being in lockdown?
Cleaning my fluffy white rug in the shower including actually shampoo’ing it and brushing it through
- Do you write a blog that you’d like us to share?
The TLC blog filled with all things relationships! www.talklistenchange.org.uk/blog
- What are you looking forward to doing again the most after lockdown?
Having brunch in the Northern Quarter on a sunny, cold and very busy Saturday afternoon