Member Spotlight: Shaun Hinds, CEO, Manchester CentralTuesday, 25th May 2021
Each week we get to know one of our members a little better. This week it’s Shaun Hinds, CEO, Manchester Central…
1. Favourite quote or saying?
Progress not perfection.
2. Career highlight?
Hopefully still to come, although the responsibility to lead the Manchester Central team is a privilege and ranks very highly.
3. Why do you love pro-manchester?
The professional services sector is the heartbeat of the economy and so to have it collectively represented through pro-manchester is terrific, plus the team there, as well as being very nice, are relentless in staging events, talks and gatherings that inform and entertain equally.
4. What are you reading at the moment?
Just finishing UnPresidented the Jon Sopel book about the campaign year leading up to the last US election.
5. What are you watching at the moment?
My newly planted hedgerow grow in between episodes of car SOS which is my favourite telly for no reason I can effectively argue.
6. Favourite meeting place in Manchester?
Well that would have to be my place, where the world meets. Manchester Central.
7. Favourite lockdown activity?
I’ve dedicated some time to fitness, running and I’ve fashioned a gym of sorts in my garage, slightly home made though as the cost of fitness equipment sky rocketed during the pandemic. It’s more Rocky IV in Siberia than Peleton and their ‘you got this’ nonsense. Anyway, that’s my legacy of the lockdowns.
8. Most creative meal that you cook?
Sadly, cooking is a gift that I am yet to be blessed with. Give me the instruction, or recipe as I think they call it, and I’ll give it a go.
9. Most creative thing you’ve seen on a video call during the lockdown?
Some of those false backgrounds were funny in the early days, but I have to say that novelty has worn off. So I guess it’s the number of times I’ve said I was getting the vaccination to get out of attending a video call.
10. Most mundane task you’ve completed since being in lockdown?
Repairing the render on the front of my house, although when you say completed, it’s probably a matter of opinion.
11. Do you write a blog that you’d like us to share?
Not a blog as such, but we have developed our podcast series, Central Chat, throughout the pandemic including an episode with pro-manchester CEO Sam Booth.
12. What are you looking forward to doing again the most after lockdown?
More video calls – no not really.