Member Spotlight: Stephanie Cowan – Sales Manager, Stock Exchange HotelWednesday, 25th August 2021
Each week we get to know one of our members a little better. This week it’s Stephanie Cowan – Sales Manager, Stock Exchange Hotel…
- Career highlight?
Not a career highlight as such, but volunteering at the hotel during the pandemic and helping to accommodate our amazing NHS guests during such challenging times is definitely an experience I will never forget.
- Why do you love pro-manchester?
It’s a fantastic organisation which allows businesses to connect, I can’t wait to get back to attending live events.
- What are you reading at the moment?
A book called ‘Happy’ by Fearne Cotton which focuses on mindfulness.
- What are you watching at the moment?
Love Island (total guilty pleasure)
- Favourite band or artist?
The Streets (or another guilty pleasure.. Sean Paul).
- Hidden / Useless Talent?
I learnt the guitar over lockdown, however, having not practised in so long, it probably is now a useless talent.
- Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give your 18-year-old self?
Worry less and take risks.
- Favourite meeting place in Manchester?
Heaven which is on the rooftop of Hotel Football, it’s my favourite event space in Manchester.
- Favourite place to visit in Manchester?
Werneth Low is one of my favourite places, I go there often for walks or to watch the gorgeous sunsets.
- Best concert / gig / performance you’ve been to?
I would have to say Beyonce & Jay Z on their joint tour in Manchester or many performances at festivals due to the general atmosphere!
- If you could spend a day in someone else’s shoes, whose would they be? Why?
I would quite like to spend the day in the Queen’s shoes, just completely out of curiosity to see how day to day life would be and to have a proper cup of tea in Buckingham Palace.
- What are you looking forward to most in the next 12 months?
Life returning to some normality, attending events and seeing family and friends with no restrictions. (A holiday would be fab too!)