Net Zero 2050 Future Leaders Programme
3rd July 2023, 2:15 pm
Green Economy in partnership with MCS and ‘your navigator’ are pleased to announce the launch of the Net Zero 2050 – Future Leaders Programme (FLP) 2023 in Greater Manchester. Applications are now open for the Greater Manchester September 2023 cohort.
What is FLP?
A professionally curated and innovative leadership programme designed to support the next generation of Net Zero leaders in Greater Manchester. The course will be delivered by four specialist facilitators over a 9-month period.
(FLP brochure attached and an outline schedule is provided below).
Why is FLP needed?
We face the biggest challenge of our time – the fight against climate change. Failure to meet global net zero carbon emission targets, will be nothing less than catastrophic. Many of those currently leading this fight, will be over 70 years old by 2050. Today’s leaders have a responsibility to ensure a legacy of ‘future leaders’ – leaders who are equipped and ready to effectively lead organisations with the awareness and savvy to ensure that we achieve net zero carbon emissions by 2050.
Who is FLP aimed at?
• High performing individuals who are recognised for their potential to lead business in the carbon net zero age.
• Individuals with the determination and passion to drive change.
• Individuals who have the backing and support from their respective employer/business to participate in the programme.
• Likely age range: 20 – 30yrs*
How to get involved?
1. Sponsor funded place. We encourage organisations who can prioritise budget for the development of their people to do so. This demonstrates commitment from the organisation to the development of its people and in this way, the limited funds for bursaries can be used to expand the reach and inclusivity of the FLP.
2. Partially funded place (50%). Organisations that can invest in the development of their people generally demonstrate a greater commitment to their sponsored individual. We recognise that many organisations would like to support their people in this way but may still struggle to fully fund a place. In such cases we can consider partially funding a place (or offer two places for the price of one if appropriate). To be considered for a partially funded place, we would like a 500 word proposal that details who you would like the funding for, how they will benefit from and contribute to the FLP, how the individual will be supported by their sponsor organisation for the duration of the programme and why the organisation cannot provide full funding.
3. Fully funded place. MCS has generously agreed to provide funding for a limited number of bursaries for FLP places so that the programme can be as inclusive as possible. This is primarily for organisations who can’t pay, but have high potential talent who would benefit from a place on the programme. To be considered for a fully funded place, we would like a 500 word proposal that details who you would like the funding for, how they will benefit from and contribute to the FLP, how the individual will be supported by their sponsor organisation for the duration of the programme and why the organisation cannot provide funding.
Deadline for applications is 14th July 2023. Please send all applications/queries to firstname.lastname@example.org Only 8 places available, please apply early to avoid disappointment.
1. Module 1 (0900-1300 each day) 2 sessions
• Mon 18th ‘23
• Tue 19th Sep ‘23
2. Module 2 (0900-1300 each day) 2 sessions
• Mon 2nd Oct ‘23
• Wed 4th Oct ‘23
3. Module 3 (0900-1730) 1 day
• Wed 18th Oct ‘23
4. Module 4 (0900-1300 each day) 3 sessions
• Mon 30th Oct ’23
• Tue 31st Oct ‘23
• Wed 1st Nov ’23
5. Module 5 – Strategy retreat (3 day residential, Pembrokeshire)
• Mon 20th Nov ‘23
• Tue 21st Nov ‘23
• Wed 22nd Nov ‘23
Followed by 6 x 0.5 day monthly Leadership Mentoring Groups (LMGs) to support design and delivery of a net zero project (Dec ’23 to May ’24)