New, online, on-demand course to help business leaders develop their skills launches
5th May 2022, 9:00 am
Four universities in Greater Manchester are collaborating to create a new, online-only programme for busy small business owners looking to develop their skills.
OPEN SME features one-hour sessions across four modules, with topics include finding and keeping talent, cash flow, and pricing.
The free programme is a partnership between Manchester Metropolitan University, University of Bolton, University of Manchester, and the University of Salford.
How does the course work? Business owners signing up to the free course complete a short self-assessment. This highlights the strengths they can build on and any areas for development. The business owners can then work through the bitesize, online modules at a pace that suits them.
The course is fully funded by Greater Manchester Combined Authority and Business Growth Hub. Find out more here: https://opensme.ac.uk
Who is this programme for:
- Small business leaders in Greater Manchester looking to increase their productivity, profitability, resilience, and sustainability.
- The course modules build on your existing strengths and uncover areas for development.
OPEN SME is an online course for small business leaders based in Greater Manchester. It’s available on-demand – you can log on to work through the modules whenever it suits you.
The course is a partnership between Manchester Metropolitan University, University of Bolton, University of Manchester, and the University of Salford.
There’s no cost involved to join as it’s fully funded by Greater Manchester Combined Authority and Growth Business Hub.
There are four key modules: Finance; digital; markets; people. Each topic within each module lasts for an hour or less, to help you fit the course around your other commitments. Topics include: Cost Control: How do I know if I am wasting money? Finding and Keeping talent: Why can’t I find good staff and why do the good ones leave?
You’ll begin the course by taking a short self-assessment to highlight the strengths you can build on and your areas for development.
You’ll then craft your own route through the course to adopt best practice management methods in the areas you need it most.
The programme offers:
- Tailored learning – choose the modules that are specific to your business needs, to help you grow your business
- Fully online course – learn at your own pace wherever, whenever
- Bitesize learning to fit around your schedule – each topic lasts for no longer than 1 hour
- Access to knowledge from experts across four universities – Manchester Metropolitan University, University of Bolton, University of Manchester, and the University of Salford.
What participants learn:
- You’ll develop skills that you can put into practice in your business, to help you build a more resilient, sustainable, and productive company
- There are four modules to choose from; the modules you’ll study depend on your existing skills and knowledge. You might study all of the topics in each module, for example, or you might study the topics in one module:
- Finance: Evaluating pricing strategies understanding cost control
- Digital: Understanding how to maximise the digital future including your digital presence and remote working
- Markets: Keeping up with quickly evolving business industry
- People: Leading, building and retaining an effective team
Upcoming course dates – now open for application:
- The online platform opens on Thursday 5th May
- Registration is now open, for you to begin the course as soon as it opens!
Rehttps://opensme.co.uk/register-with-open-sme register here: https://opensme.co.uk/register-with-open-sme/
Bruntwood and Legal & General expand Bruntwood Scitech partnership into Scotland with £30m injection into Glasgow’s Met Tower