North West SME Homebuilders celebrated at inaugural Cowgills awards even
14th June 2022, 1:35 pm
The winners of the Cowgills SME Homebuilder Awards were celebrated on Thursday (9th June) at the inaugural awards event which was held at Manchester’s Albert Hall. The informal awards evening was hosted by Jenny Powell, best known for hosting some of British TV’s most iconic programmes and music was provided by Mr Wilson’s Second Liners and the legendary Haçienda DJ, Graeme Park.
The awards were established by accountancy and business advisory firm Cowgills and supported by headline sponsor Paragon, to recognise the work of leading SME homebuilders, developers and contractors right across the north west in meeting the country’s growing need for new homes.
The winners were:
· Silkash, Westhoughton – Northstone – Larger Housing Scheme of the Year, sponsored by Stipendium
· The Beeches, Malpas – Ashbury Properties – Smaller Housing Scheme of the Year, sponsored by LDS Sales Guarantees
· Waterhouse Salford – The Forshaw Group – Larger Development of the Year, sponsored by Manchester Brick
· Alderbank, Altrincham – Real Estate Investment Partnerships – Smaller Development of the Year, sponsored by PMJ Capital
· Silkash, Westhoughton – Northstone – Sustainability Impact, sponsored by Savills
· Auxesia Homes (Various projects) – Community Impact, sponsored by Bermans
· Buckingham house, Preston – TSS Property – Conversion of the Year, sponsored by Oppidan Life
· Willowpool, Lymm – Arbour Living – Senior Living Project of the Year, sponsored by Collaborate Living
· The Beeches, Malpas – Ashbury Properties – Placemaking, sponsored by Buttress
· Stopcocks Womens Plumbers and Register of Tradeswomen – Advocating Inclusivity, sponsored by Women in Property
· Northstone – Homebuilder of the Year, sponsored by Paragon Development Finance
The judging comprised some of the region’s most experienced property professionals including: Stuart Stead, Cowgills; Alex Maxwell, Savills; Emma Richman, Peaks and Plains; Gavin Sorby, Buttress; Stephen Chalcraft, Bermans; Berit Rose, Anwyl Homes and Neil Moy, Paragon.
Commenting on the evening Cowgills partner and head of property and construction said: “The response to the launch of the awards exceeded all of our expectations, with the event being sold out in a matter of weeks and we received an exceptionally high standard of entries. Congratulations to all of our winners and shortlisted businesses, it really demonstrates just how strong the north west is in delivering well designed and sustainable homes for future generations, meeting the wide ranging needs of occupiers, whether renters or purchasers.”
He continued: “Cowgills has one of the only specialist property and construction teams in the region so we knew just how many talented people there are in this sector, people who have gone largely unrecognised until now. We hope these awards will redress that balance and go from strength to strength in the years to come. A huge thank you to all of our sponsors and the judges who have all worked so hard to make these awards so successful.”
Other sponsors included Loft who sponsored the Winners Lounge and Domis who were photography sponsor. Media partner was Place North West.
Cowgills have already begun planning the 2023 event, if you are interested in finding out more information contact email@example.com.