SMI Hub Webinar: Challenges and opportunities for transit packaging disposal
13th January 2021, 11:31 am
Date: Wednesday 27 January 2021, 11.00-12.00
Location: Virtual, Link will be sent closer to the time
Transit packaging such as boxes, inserts, pallets, shrink wrap and strapping otherwise known as secondary or tertiary packaging is an essential requirement for many industries. However, it can often have detrimental impact on the environment through unintended plastic waste leakage.
For businesses in Greater Manchester, understanding how packaging can be developed or disposed of sustainably can prove challenging, but also an opportunity to innovate.
The Sustainable Materials Innovation Hub (SMI Hub) is a new regional innovation programme established to provide businesses across Greater Manchester with trusted sustainability solutions for the use and end-of-life fate of plastics.
On 27 January 2021, the SMI Hub will host a webinar to explore how we can support environmentally ambitious businesses in Greater Manchester by providing trusted sustainability advice, materials assessment facilities and help develop innovative solutions for plastics use.
What to expect?
- Intro to the SMI Hub (Professor Michael Shaver, Director)
- Our Approach: Advise, Assess, Innovate (examples of how this support can work to deliver meaningful change)
- Discussion Groups: Opportunities and challenges for transit packaging disposal:
- Current and emerging regional recycling opportunities
- Challenges when recycling packaging
- Reducing and reusing transit packaging
After the event there will be an opportunity to book a 1-2-1 session with our Industry Liaison Officers to discuss specific requirements for your business that may benefit from SMI Hub support.
LinkedIn: Sustainable Materials Innovation Hub
Gateley Legal sees sustained increase in deal activity