Shoosmiths announces Manchester partner promotions
2nd May 2019, 3:36 pm
UK law firm Shoosmiths has announced two new partner promotions in its Manchester office.
James Brodie and Kirsty Black, both from the Manchester real estate team, have been promoted to partner as part of the company’s May promotions round.
Across the country, Shoosmiths has promoted 13 new partners– the biggest number of partner promotions it has made in recent years.
The promotions – seven men and six women – cover a wide range of practice areas, including real estate, business advisory and corporate; as well as at eight locations throughout the country.
The new partners are:
- Manchester: James Brodie, real estate; Kirsty Black, real estate
- London: Liam Phillips, real estate
- Solent: Jonathan Smart, business advisory
- Milton Keynes: Claire Checketts, corporate
- Thames Valley: Nina Smith, corporate; Fiona Teague, business advisory; Fleur Turrington, business advisory
- Birmingham: Tim Flight, real estate; Andrew Outram, real estate; Alistair Hammerton, corporate
- Nottingham: Michael Briggs, business advisory
- Edinburgh: Sheelagh Cooley, real estate
Shoosmiths chief executive Simon Boss said: “This is an exciting time for everyone at Shoosmiths, having launched a bold new strategy aimed at taking the firm towards even bigger success. We are in no doubt that these new partners will play an important role in driving this forward.
“I’d like to personally take the opportunity to say a big thank you to those individuals who have been promoted, in recognition of the contribution they have made to the firm’s success over the years and look forward to working with them in the future.”
In a recent partner gender split report by Aspirant Analytics, Shoosmiths was one of only two firms to have exceeded the goal of a 30/70 split at partner level.
Business Growth Hub helps A&D Sports flex its digital muscle