TLT shortlisted for Energy Team of the Year in The Lawyer awards
16th September 2021, 1:39 pm
TLT’s clean energy team has been nominated by The Lawyer Awards 2021 following a standout year of activity for headline clients in the sector such as SWEN Capital, Korkia, Low Carbon, Thrive Renewables, Guinness Asset Management, Santander, Alpha Real, Innova Energy and Ecotricity.
The award shortlisting recognises TLT’s work with clients on cutting edge projects such as:
- supporting long-standing client Ecotricity on the sale of the Electric Highway, its pioneering national charging network, to sustainable energy company GRIDSERVE – one of the biggest deals involving EV technology
- advising the SWEN Impact Fund for Transition (SWIFT), managed by SWEN Capital Partners, on its investment in two anaerobic digestion plants in the UK, as part of its rapid portfolio expansion
- advising Santander UK on its multi-million pound funding to the UK’s leading owner and operator of battery storage, Zenobe Energy Limited. The funding is for the construction and operation of what is anticipated to be the largest battery storage plant in Europe
Maria Connolly, Head of Clean Energy and Real Estate at TLT, said:
“This nomination reflects the hard work and dedication of everyone in the clean energy team who has delivered incredible results for our clients over the last year.
“We are focused on looking ahead at what comes next for the sector, what will be needed by those who work in it every day and continuing to provide an outstanding service for our clients.”
Kay Hobbs, Corporate Partner at TLT, said:
“We’re delighted to have been shortlisted for this award for the great work we have done with a vast array of clients in the clean energy sector. This nomination further cements our global position in the market having recently been ranked second most active clean energy M&A advisor by Clean Energy Pipeline’s 2021 league tables.”
In addition to TLT’s work on pioneering projects in the clean energy sector, it is one of just two firms to work with Aldersgate Group, an alliance of leaders driving forward the agenda for a sustainable economy, and many of the achievements this year involve work on first-to-market initiatives:
- Established a new, exclusive legal partnership with ‘the world’s greenest football club’, Forest Green Rovers, which is the first to be certified carbon neutral by the United Nations and the first and only vegan club. The club is currently building Eco Park, which is set to be the world’s greenest football stadium once completed.
- As major contributors to the Chancery Lane Project (TCLP), a legal collaboration project, TLT has helped to develop a Climate Contract Playbook of sustainability clauses for use in legal documents.
Sustainability is a core part of TLT’s approach and the firm draws on years of experience in clean energy to make sustainability a key part of its offer for clients and contacts so that business activities can deliver progressive economic, environmental and social outcomes.
The winners of the Lawyer awards will be announced on 2 November 2021.
Specialist lender posts £149.7m profit as lending returns to pre-pandemic levels